Tuesday, July 10, 2012

There and Back Again: The Quest for Kijiji CD Guy

Yesterday I got lost driving around Hamilton with my friend. Hamilton, for those of you who don't know, is Southern Ontario's version of Detroit.

We were on our way to find a dude who posted an ad on Kijiji wanting to sell a bunch of his CDs. Now, apparently Hamilton only consists of one way streets and really fucking small, hidden roads. I didn't know this at that time. After stopping and checking a map twice to figure out where the fuck we were and what the odds are that we'd get stabbed here, we carried onwards to this dude's house out in the middle of buttfuck nowhere.

Finally, after finding this guy's street and pulling off to the side of the road, my friend and I hobbled up to the address we were instructed meet him at and rang the doorbell. The door opened and out walked this young guy, probably in his mid-to-late 20s, hacking and coughing, looking like all Hell, with his shirt on inside out and backwards, cause he's a classy motherfucker.

I told him I was there for his Kijiji ad, paid him for the CDs, and made my way back to my car, a happy little metal head. For 20 bucks he sold me:


  • Cephalic Carnage - "Anomalies"
  • The Faceless - "Planetary Duality"
  • Bloodbath - "Nightmares Made Flesh"
  • Radiohead - "OK Computer"
  • Obscura - "Cosmogenesis"
  • Nile - "Those Whom the Gods Detest"
  • Between the Buried & Me - "The Great Misdirect"
  • Meshuggah - "Chaosphere"
  • Skeletonwitch - "Beyond the Permafrost"
  • Scar Symmetry - "Holographic Universe"
Yeah. 10 CDs. For 20 bucks. Be jealous. I might get around to reviewing these sometime soon. Some of these I haven't heard yet and the rest are albums that I've heard and loved, but was never able to get my grimy little hands on.

I realize that I might have just funded this guy's crack addiction or meth lab, but I said "excuse me" when I bumped into someone on the bus to work this morning, so I think that balances out my karma.

That's all for now, folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment