Sunday, September 16, 2012

School 'n' Junk

Any regular or semi-regular readers may have noticed that I've been posting a lot less frequently over he past  week or two. Unfortunately for this blog, I'm a full time mechanical engineering student, and now that school is coming into full swing I have no idea how much time I'm going to have to review music or post little updates and anecdotes.

I won't be abandoning Needs More Noise Gate, but things will probably slow down a lot from here on in. Last semester for school, I was pulling 16 hour days, 6 days a week of class and schoolwork, and I figure this semester won't be too much different. Luckily, I've had a pretty tame first week, but I'm certain the work will pile on quickly. Regardless of the work load, I'm going to try to keep posting as much as I can.

It's funny how the money I spent on these could get me a car, but the money I can sell them for couldn't even get me a full tank of gas.
As far as things I'm planning on making posts about, I've got a few things lined up. First off, I just bought the last Neurosis album, Given to the Rising, so expect a review of that sometime soon. Next, expect reviews of the new Pig Destroyer and Neurosis albums coming out this year and anything else that I discover or that tickles my fancy (or that someone requests). I've joined the UoGuelph FLASH Club, Games Club, and EGO again this year, so I'll probably share any shenanigans we get into over the year.

FLASH isn't what you think it is. FLASH stands for Fantasy, Literature, Sci-Fi and Horror, and the club is pretty much just a giant gathering of geeks and nerds of all shapes and sizes. FLASH runs showings of movies and shows every week night on campus, and they also organize larger events like Zombie-Pirate-Ninja Capture the Flag and a year end dinner and dance called the FLASH Bash. FLASH shares an office space with the Games Club, and their member base is pretty much identical. Games deals with any games that aren't video games. Card games (like Magic), board games (like Risk), role-playing games (like Dungeons & Dragons) all find a home with Games Club. EGO stands for Electronic Gaming Organization, and they deal exclusively with console and computer games. I'm not really big on video games -- I just joined because one of my good friends is part of the club's administration.

FLASH Club: Clearly more Awesomer.
The final thing I'd been thinking of is to make posts about my different collections (CDs, DVDs, vinyl LPs, comic books, etc.). Each collection is of varying sizes, so some would warrant multiple posts while others could be summed up in one. I would love to make videos uploaded to YouTube showing off my collections, but nobody in my house owns a camera, and my laptop's webcam is a piece of garbage. If I can find a cheap and decent video camera, I might do that. If not, text and image posts will have to do.

If anybody has any ideas on how to layout or present my collections, let me know, I'd be happy to take any suggestions!

That's all for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment