Monday, April 29, 2013

Update: Officially Announcing Grindhouse Vol. 1!

Hey peeps, so you might be wondering what the junk this compilation album that I've been mentioning recently is all about. Well, this post will hopefully clear up any questions you have about it. If you have no idea what I'm talking about in the slightest, just keep reading and you'll figure it out. You're a smart kid.

So what is this Thing?


Grindhouse Vol. 1 is going to be an online compilation album of the very best hardcore, grindcore, crust punk, powerviolence and loud, obnoxious music I've come across with this blog. Not every band on the compilation has had a review on here, but a large majority of them have at one point or another. A couple have even had multiple reviews done here. Keep in mind that since this is mostly a hardcore/ grind comp, all the awesome bands that I've come to know that don't fit into those genres won't be on it. I'd love to have a band like Warseid or Unbowed, or even the awesome Jason James on a comp, but they just don't fit with all these hardcore bands. It isn't that I don't want to help these guys out, it just turned out that a huge amount of the music I get sent is hardcore, so I had many more bands readily available to work with in that genre compared to others.

There's going to be 20 tracks and 20 bands (that's one track per band for everyone keeping track at home), making this a pretty short comp. I'll make it available on Bandcamp once everything is all pieced together. You will be able to stream it there and download it for free so you can jam it on your iPods 'n' shit whenever you want. Cool, right?

What Bands are Going to be on this Comp?


They're all pretty much chosen and sorted out. They are:

  • Water Torture
  • Yattai
  • Crypt Keeper
  • Youth Violence
  • The Fevered
  • Vengeance
  • Hiroshima Vacation
  • Termination Force
  • Haut&Court
  • Fat Guy Wears Mystic Wolf Shirt
  • Cloud Rat
  • Gruesome Stuff Relish
  • Clarity
  • Homolka
  • Degraded
  • Tyrants
  • Abjured
  • Faxe
  • Barlow
  • Nolentia
I'm only waiting on one more track from Hiroshima Vacation. If you're in a band or know someone who is in a band that fits this grind/ hardcore style, don't be afraid to contact me! I wanted 20 songs as a minimum, so any more just makes this comp even better!

When is it Coming Out?


I dunno. I told you already that I need one more track, then I need to deal with some volume issues between tracks, and then I need some artwork. So truthfully, I have no idea, but I'd love to get it out by the time summer rolls around.

Who is doing the Artwork? And Grindhouse is a Stupid Name.


The artwork for Grindhouse Vol. 1 is being done by a good friend of mine, the ever capable and super sexy Taimoor Khan. Also, Grindhouse is a fucking awesome name, and yes I did steal it from the Tarantino/ Rodriguez double feature.

I swear I'm actually cool.
Once everything is done I'll be sure to announce/ annoy you all again. If anybody has any further questions about this shizz, just shoot me an email/ Facebook message/ tweet/ smoke signal/ carrier pigeon.

That's all for now, folks!

-Grave Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment